Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Dinner


After the lobster salad and foie gras brunch, I felt so satiated and happy...

At first we thought of going out to dinner but then we didn't make any reservation and didn't feel like waiting for a table, so I'm game to prepare dinner at home.

It's really fast and simple to prepare the standing beef ribs roast... I take the beef out of the fridge 30 mn before cooking, after trimming the fat, I rub the beef all over with salt & pepper.  After preheating the oven to 450 degrees, I roast the beef, ribs side down, on a rack, over a cup of red wine with a cup and half of beef broth, with some whole garlic cloves, in the roasting pan for 20 mn. I then turn down the oven heat to 350 degrees and roast for another 2 hours (about 18 mn per lb for medium rare or when the internal temperature reaches around 120-125 degrees.
After removing the prime rib from the oven, and let it rest for about 15 mn, I prepare the au jus sauce with the drippings from the roasting pan, and add some red wine and beef broth and seasoning.
I serve the prime rib with a fresh salad with goat cheese and walnuts and a pear vinaigrette dressing.

It was truly cooked to perfection and the meat was so flavorful and tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment