Monday, April 2, 2012

Vegetarian Pizzettes

Since the beginning of the year, I have decided to go vegetarian once a week, and it will be on Mondays! This week I got some flat bread from Trader Joe, and made a variety of pizzettes with different combos, mainly with whatever I can find in the fridge or in the pantry: mushrooms with asparagus, zucchinis, bell peppers, onion and chives, sundried tomatoes and pesto, and any combination of the above... Then I spread the pizzettes with 2 types of sauces, tomato sauce and cream sauce with added grilled garlic, then I sprinkle some grated cheese on top (mozzarella, parmesan, gruyere or goat cheese, and a combination of 2 or 3 cheeses).
Then I bake them on a preheated pizza baking stone at 450 degrees for about 20 mn,  and slice them and serve them piping hot for every body to try different variations: it's a wonderful vegetarian meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment